- 1 medium boiled beet root grated
- 1 medium potato boiled and mashed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1-2 tsp garam masala
- 4-5 strands cilantro, finely chopped
- 4-5 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2-3 tsp oil
- salt to taste
For paratha dough:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour for dough
- additional whole wheat flour for rolling/dusting
- warm water
oil for roasting
- First, mix the whole wheat flour and salt to taste along with warm water and knead into a soft dough. Cover and set aside for at least 30 mins
- Heat oil in a medium-sized kadai/skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and let splutter. Once spluttered, add the cumin powder and green chillies followed by boiled grated beet root, boiled potato, cilantro, add salt to taste and sauté for about 5-10 mins.
- Make lemon sized balls of dough.
- Now Roll out flat using a rolling pin and stuff with beet root mixture. Bring together all the edges.
- Roll out flat using a rolling pin.
- Roast the rolled out paratha on a heated tawa on both the sides until brown spots appear. Do smear a little oil on both sides.
- Serve hot with yogurt on the side.