In a pan heat oil, add onion paste, garlic-ginger paste and chopped tomatoes. Stir for 3-4 seconds. Add coriander powder, chilli powder and salt to taste.
Now add meat and potatoes. Mix well. Add 2 cups of water and cook covered on low flame until meat is done. Garnish with coriander leaves and green chillies.
Mutton 1/2 kg
Onions (paste) 2 medium
Garlic-ginger paste 2 Tbsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Tomatoes 1/2 kg (4-5)
Green chilies 3-4 (whole)
Coriander leaves 2 Tbsp
Salt to taste
Ingredients required for mixture:
- 200 gm Besan
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cooking oil for adding to besan
- Salt to taste.
- Cooking oil
- Water .
- Onion paste (1 no.)
- 1 Chopped tomato.
- Fenugreek seeds (10-12)
- Dry red chillies (2-3)
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder ¼ tsp.
- Salt to taste.
Method for mixture:
- Take besan in a deep bowl and add the following ingredients:
- Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp oil
- Sprinkle water to the above mixture to give crumbly texture.
- Now roast this mixture.
- Heat 1 tbs of cooking oil in a wok. Add pinch of asafoetida, garlic, dry red chillies, onion paste and tomato. Cook for 3-4 mins.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add roasted mixture and mix well . Add some water to make gravy.
- Cook for 5-6 mins.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with roti or rice.
Khandvi is a savory snack from the Indian state of Gujarat, India. It is available readily all across India as it has become a very popular item. It is commonly known for being part of the appetizer as it is a great dish for starters. Many people choose to buy it from a local sweet shop rather than preparing it at home because it may seem difficult for some people. Making Khandvi at home is not hard at all – in fact, it is very straight forward and simple. wikipedia
Gram Flour (besan): 1/2 cup
Sour Buttermilk: 1 cup
Coconut Scraped: 2 tablespoons
Coriander Leaves, finely chopped: 4 tablespoons
Sesame Seeds (til): 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder (haldi): 1/4 teaspoon
Green Chilies (chopped): 3-4 pieces
- Take besan, add buttermilk , turmeric powder and salt and mix properly , make a smooth batter.
- Take a plate and smear oil on the surface of plate. Keep plate aside.
- In a pan, cook batter on low flame until it becomes thick.
- Spread the batter on oiled plate in thin layer.
- Cool it for 5 minutes and then cut it in shape of stripes. Now roll the stripes.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies and curry leaves. Add sesame seeds.
- Temper this on rolls.
- Garnish with coconut and coriander leaves.
Mint leaves – 10 sprigs
Coriander Leaves – a small bunch
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Chat masala – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
Sugar – a pinch
Chilled water – 2 cups
- Grind Mint Leaves and coriander leaves in blender to fine paste.
- To this, add 2 cups of chilled water, chaat masala, salt, mango powder, sugar and cumin powder. Add lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture well.
- Garnish with mint and coriander leaves.
- Serve chilled.