There are so many ways to flavor rice and today I am featuring tomato!
Tomato rice is a very delicious and simple to prepare recipe.
- 2 large tomatoes made into a thick puree.
- 1 cup basmati rice, washed and soaked for ten minutes
- 1 whole black cardamom
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala powder.
- 1 tblsp butter
- 2 cup water
- Heat butter in a heavy bottom vessel
- Put in the whole black cardamom, cumin seeds and then the tomato puree.
- Now add the dry spices, salt and saute.
- Put in the rice and mix well.
- Finally add the water and cook covered till done.
- Seve hot.