Aamras or Amras is the pulp of the tropical fruit Mango eaten in India. The pulp of a ripe fruit is extracted usually by hand and consumed along with Chapati. At times ghee and milk are added to the pulp to enhance its flavour. Sugar is also added to adjust the sweetness.
- Mangoes – 4 completely ripped
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Pinch of cardamom (optional )
- Grind 1 tsp of sugar with cardamom on roller pin.
- Peel mangoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Blend mangoes with milk, sugar and cardamom mixture to a smooth thick paste.
- Serve chilled with pooris or as sweet dish.