- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- Pinch of saffron strands ( soaked in 1 tbsp. hot milk) / yellow or red food color
- 1/2 cup sliced mixed dry fruits
- 4-5 green cardamoms ( seeds only )
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a wide pan or wok.
- Add semolina and fry on low heat until it turns golden in color and gives a nice aroma of roasting semolina.
- Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Heat remaining ghee in the same pan, add cardamom seeds & fry for few seconds.
- Add sugar, soaked saffron / food color & water and cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add half quantity of the nuts; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add semolina and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 -5 minutes ( make sure there are no lumps ).
- When the mixture starts to become thick and begins to come off the pan, take it out in a serving platter.
- Garnish with remaining nuts. Serve hot.