Curry leaves are used in many dishes in India and neighbouring countries. Often used in curries, the leaves generally go by the name “curry leaves”, though they are also translated as “sweet neem leaves” in most Indian languages (as opposed to ordinary neem leaves which are bitter).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry_Tree
- 4-5 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 tbs split Bengal (chickpea) lentil
- 1 tbs black gram lentil
- 1 tbs grated coconut
- 1 tsp of jaggery
- ½ tsp of coriander seeds
- ½ tsp of mustard seeds
- ½ tsp of tamarind paste
- 2 red chilies
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbs of oil
- Dry roast Bengal and black gram lentil till you get a good aroma
- Take a pan and add one tablespoon of oil and fry coriander seeds, grated coconut, chilies, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Cool it.
- Dry grind this with lentils. Add jaggery, salt and tamarind while grinding.
- Serve it with hot rice or as a spread on the bread.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 2 cups raisins
- 12 dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- In a food processor, chop the almonds and walnuts until finely chopped and then add in the raisins, dates, cinnamon and vanilla. Blend up until combined and sticky.
- Make small balls and roll into coconut. Enjoy!
*Store in air-tight container
- 1 c almond milk
- 1 c frozen or fresh pineapple
- 1 banana
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until everything is pureed.
This smoothie is very healthy, and tastes great at the same time. I love to make this smoothie for my breakfast. Try this yummy smoothie. :)
Take ¾ cup chilled green tea. One cup of pomegranate juice, one banana, peeled and one cup of unsweetened almond milk.
Blend all the ingredients. Chill and serve this yummy smoothie.
Over the last few decades green tea has been subjected to many scientific and medical studies to determine the extent of its long-purported health benefits, with some evidence suggesting that regular green tea drinkers may have a lower risk of developing heart disease and certain types of cancer. Although green tea does not raise the metabolic rate enough to produce immediate weight loss, a green tea extract containing polyphenols and caffeine has been shown to induce thermogenesis and stimulate fat oxidation, boosting the metabolic rate 4% without increasing the heart rate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_tea
Despite pomegranates not having loads of nutrients compared to other fruits, pomegranate juice has antioxidants (and lots of them) and a good amount of health benefits.